480g squid hoods (females)
880g squid hoods (males)
2 tablespoons fish sauce
1 teaspoon soy sauce
2 teaspoons lime juice
3cm piece of ginger, peeled, finely grated
Quarter cup coriander leaves, chopped
Olive oil spray
1 small mango
150g baby rocket leaves
Lim wedges to serve
1. Slice squid hoods, open flat and score the inside with a sharp knife in a diamond pattern. Cut into 3cm pieces.
2. Combine sauces, lime juice, ginger and coriander in a small bowl. Whisk with a for Add calamari and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Remove calamari from marinade, o marinade into small saucepan. Bring to the boil over high heat. reduce heat to medium and simmer for 3 minutes.
4. Preheat barbecue to high heat. Spray with olive oil. Cook half the calamari score side down fir 1 minute. Turn and cook for a further minute or until tender. repeat with the remaining calamari.
5. Cut mango into cubes and char lightly on a barbecue. Divide rocket between plates, top with calamari, mango and drizzle with warm dressing and a squeeze of lime juice.
Cals - 201 for females and 332 for males.
For other Low GI Good-Carb Recipes, check out the Tony Ferguson Cook Book