With rotten weather this Half-Term, why not bake with the children and make these heart shaped Millionaires shortbread - crumbly biscuit sandwiched with caramel and drizzled with dark and white chocolate.
Makes 18 biscuits
Preparation time: minutes
Cooking time: minutes
125g (4½oz) butter, softened
55g (2oz) caster sugar
½tsp vanilla extract
140g (5oz) plain flour
Half a 397g can Carnation Caramel
55g (2oz) dark chocolate
55g (2oz) Nestlé Milkybar
1. Preheat oven to 170°C, (150°C for fan ovens), Gas mark 4.
2. Cream butter and sugar with the vanilla until pale and fluffy. Add the flour and mix well. Chill the dough for 10 minutes.
3. Roll out on a floured surface to 3mm thickness and cut out biscuits using a 3cm heart shaped cookie cutter (it should make 36 hearts, if you keep rolling and cutting).
4. Transfer to parchment lined baking sheets and bake for 8-10 minutes.
5. Leave to cool.
6. To serve, spread some of the caramel onto half the biscuits and sandwich back together with the remaining biscuits. Melt the chocolate in separate bowls. Drizzle the chocolate over the biscuits and leave to set.
7. Enjoy with tea or coffee or pop one in your lunchbox for a special treat!
You can freeze the dough if you don’t want to bake it all at once. Wrap tightly in a double layer of cling film – it will keep for about a month.