Crispy Chinese Pork Wraps.
A classic Chinese dish, made using lean pork with a wonderful Kikkoman soy sauce glaze.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Cals per serving: 420
700g loin of pork joint, fat and skin removed.
5 tbsp Kikkoman Soy Sauce
2 tbsp demerara sugar
2 tbsp orange juice
3 tbsp tomato puree
1 tsp Chinese Five Spice powder
12 –16 Chinese pancake wrappers
6 tbsp hoi sin sauce
1 bunch spring onions, trimmed and finely sliced
1 small cucumber, finely sliced
1. Pre heat the oven to 190 C, 375 F, gas 5. Make 6 x 2.5cm deep cuts into the pork joint.
2. Line a roasting tin with a double layer of tin foil and place the pork in the centre.
3. In a bowl, mix together the Kikkoman Soy Sauce, sugar, orange juice, tomato puree and Chinese five spice powder. Spoon over the pork, then scrunch up the foil around the sides of the pork to form an open parcel and roast for 1 hour, basting occasionally, until cooked through.
4. Remove the pork from the oven and allow it to stand for 5 minutes. Finely slice the meat, shredding it if possible and toss back into the roasting tin with the cooking juices. Baste with the flavoured juices and grill for 5 minutes, to crisp up the meat.
5. To serve: warm the wrappers and spread with a little hoi sin sauce, a scattering of spring onions and cucumber. Top with the crispy pork and roll up.