March 27th traditionally marks the start of British summertime, but with our unpredictable weather sunshine is not always guaranteed. Thanks to Aleyna, the new and exciting range of Mediterranean mezze, you can enjoy all the vibrancy and flavours of the Med - sunshine or not! The Aleyna range includes Sun Kissed Tomatoes, Roasted Red Peppers, Artichokes and Cherry Peppers (to name a few), all of which can be enjoyed as nibbles or can be added to a variety of dishes to create that mouth-watering Mediterranean flavour.
What better way to celebrate the start of the summer than to rustle up a Mediterranean themed meal with the help of Aleyna. Try this ‘Sun Kissed Linguine’ recipe, made using Aleyna Sun Kissed Tomatoes – the tomatoes are wonderfully juicy with a sweet, rich flavour and they’re guaranteed to brighten up even the simplest summer dish.
Include Aleyna in your cooking and enjoy a Mediterranean ‘Sun Kissed’ Summer’ whatever the weather.
Sun Kissed Linguine
Heavenly Mediterranean flavoured linguine tossed with chopped Aleyna Sun Kissed Tomatoes, crispy bacon, thyme and garlic.
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
225g/8oz streaky bacon, chopped
1 tbsp sunflower oil
2 tbsp Aleyna Sun Kissed Tomatoes, roughly chopped
8 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Handful of thyme
· Cook pasta in plenty of salted boiling water for about 10 minutes or until just al dente. At the same time, in a separate pan, cook bacon in sunflower oil until crisp.
· Add Aleyna Sun Kissed Tomatoes and garlic to the pan with the bacon and cook briefly.
· Drain pasta and tip into the bacon pan as well.
· Season with freshly ground black pepper.
· Drizzle over extra virgin olive oil, toss everything together, sprinkle with thyme.
· Transfer to warmed plates and serve.