Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Thursday 17 March 2011

Happy St Patrick's Day

Happy St Patrick's Day!

I celebrate that I am 100% Irish despite what people might think from my background or accent. I think being Irish explains some of my personality traits and I wish everyone a very Happy St Patrick's Day.

Here are some fascinating facts from the Irish Food Board.



· The national symbol of Ireland is the Celtic harp, not the shamrock

· Ireland is the third largest island in Europe

· The geology and climate in Ireland allows the longest grass growing season in the Northern Hemisphere. 4/5ths of Ireland’s agricultural land is devoted to grass

· There are over 131,000 farms in Ireland all of which are family run

· There are over 6 million cattle in Ireland (there are only 200,000 more people in the whole country)

· Ireland exports well over a 1/4 million tonnes of beef per year, over 50 % of which is to the UK

Wow! So now you know!

Are you celebrating St Patrick's Day! Don't forget to look around this site for lots of Irish recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment