Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Friday 4 March 2011

Reasons to be Cheerful

Lots of reasons to be cheerful this week so here goes with some of them.

1. I got away for a whole weekend away from husband, children and normality. I travelled to London and stayed in Kent in a lovely flat. My brother took care of me so I did not cook, make a drink or wash up all weekend. I languished in my bed till late morning and then woke up to a bacon buttie and fresh orange juice and good coffee. I ate 3 course meals every evening and tried scallops for the first time (yumsville). I talked at length and had good conversation. I had time on the train ride home to read the most fantastic book about being a mum. I charity shopped too inevitably but in a new town so a nice change. I relaxed. I returned refreshed and felt a huge surge of love when I saw my family on the station platform waiting for me. My husband had coped perfectly well without me and implemented some good new routines to boot. He had washed clothing mountains, cooked for the children and generally showed what a very good Daddy he can be. And as you know absence certainly makes the heart grow fonder so raced to the boudoir after the obligatory Dancing on Ice for some horitzontal dancing with spice!

2. I am sporting a new haircut. Very short and sassy. Very me. I am sure I will have it coloured very soon although with more weekends away, maybe the grey hairs will start to disappear.

3. Yesterday, my Labrador gave birth to 9 adorable puppies in shades of golden, chocolate and black. They are so cut and watching them with their mum is so life-affirming. The children naturally adore them and are asking if they can keep one.

So a very lovely week altogether and I hope yours was too.

7 comments:

  1. How lovely to have pup s a new haircut and a weekend away I I am glad you had a fab week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, squeal - the puppies sound adorable! Have a great weekend.

    CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Didn't you have a great weekend. What a nice brother you must have. Your husband did well. I know that feeling of arriving home, even after a lovely time away and the great surge of love you feel when you see them all again.........oh, and a new hairdo works wonders!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. EEE! Puppies! *cuteness* Nd yay for new haircuts - they ALWAYS make you feel fab :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a fab week! The puppies sound adorable! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful week! I love scallops. Yummy!
    Your puppies must be so cute, hope that you find good homes for them and don't keep them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooooh I want to see a pic of the puppies!

    Haircuts always make you feel so much better don't they? What a fab weekend too :)

    ReplyDelete