I am doing my reasons to be cheerful at 21 minutes past eight on Friday evening. This is my first reason to be cheerful as it demonstrates that I have being out living rather than blogging.
Here are a few other reasons.
1. Four of my puppies go to their new homes on Monday. Although I will sob as they leave, it is getting harder to cope with the full litter and it is time for them to start settling in their forever homes.
2. I have had a day of sunshine in our lovely courtyard and then off to the shops, pub and park. The children had their faces painted and my little girl was given a pink balloon.
3. I have shown assertiveness with a friend and with a brother. Although both have not liked my communication with them, I feel strong for saying that I think friendship requires more than the occasional email and for objecting to being called "useless". I don't think they will change but by standing up for myself, I know I have changed.
4. We are expecting visits soon from my husband's family from his first marriage. I feel good that I feel totally OK about this rather than having mixed or negative feelings. That has taken years to get to that level of comfort but I am glad to have arrived at that point.
5. Dad had chest pains so I went into a total panic but it turns out he was right in his self-diagnosis of a broken rib. Dad also arrived home after his holiday and seemed really pleased to be back which is gratifying.
6. Him Indoors has time off and is also showing signs of a lighter mood. We have had barbecues and good times generally.
7 Back to the puppies, the income raised from their sales will ensure that I have a spend, spend, spend session. One of the first things I am going to do is to take my Dad out with the family for a nice meal.
8. I have really enjoyed having a lie in and not being enslaved by school uniforms and book bags. I have loved having the children around and seeing them relish their outdoor play.
9. I have managed to get in some good blogging and am really enjoying doing some of the photo blog hops such as Silent Sunday and the Gallery as well as some of the newer and less well-known ones. It is great to get to read new blogs and to spend a hour or two doing so, luxuriating in other people's writing and photography.
10. I think I have settled on a name for my new website but more on that when it happens. Suffice to say, it is about what we should all do much more than we do. Any guesses? Leave a comment if you do or just say hello as I love getting comments on my posts.
Do check out other people's reasons to be cheerful and grateful.