Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Wednesday 6 April 2011

Inspiration Wednesday - link up things that inspire you

It strikes me that by Wednesday many parents are stressed out.

On Sunday, there were great hopes for the week ahead. Perhaps you thought you would make real progress helping your baby or child towards a key milestone and things have gone awry. Perhaps your hopes of the house being spick and span were OK until various children and animals decided to conspire against you. Perhaps you had hopes of good news on the job or education front and it did not turn otu as planned.

It is usually halfway through the week on Wednesdays that I could do with a shot of inspiration to carry my womanfully forward for the rest of the week.

So I am going to share on Wednesdays something that I hope will inspire others and maybe speaks to me too. It might be a quotation, some song lyrics or anything else but something that inspires.

Because we are all in need of that shot of inspiration sometimes, I am inviting people to either link up with their inspirational posts or to leave a comment with their favourite quote that gives them heart in the bad times,

One of my favourite inspirational sayings is "Feel the Fear and Do it Anway" by Susan Jeffers. I like its simplicity and the fact that when you listen to that advice, you always end up feeling better.

I recently came across the lyrics of "Defying Gravity" and hope this speaks to many mums out there.

Something has changed within me
Something is not the same
I'm through with playing by the rules
Of someone else's game
Too late for second-guessing
Too late to go back to sleep
It's time to trust my instincts
Close my eyes: and leap!

It's time to try
Defying gravity
I think I'll try
Defying gravity
And you can't pull me down!

GLINDA
Can't I make you understand?
You're having delusions of grandeur:

ELPHABA
I'm through accepting limits
'Cuz someone says they're so
Some things I cannot change
But till I try, I'll never know!
Too long I've been afraid of
Losing love I guess I've lost
Well, if that's love
It comes at much too high a cost!
I'd sooner buy
Defying gravity
Kiss me goodbye
I'm defying gravity
And you can't pull me down:
(spoken) Glinda - come with me. Think of what we could
do: together.

(sung) Unlimited
Together we're unlimited
Together we'll be the greatest team
There's ever been
Glinda -
Dreams, the way we planned 'em

GLINDA
If we work in tandem:

BOTH
There's no fight we cannot win
Just you and I
Defying gravity
With you and I
Defying gravity

ELPHABA
They'll never bring us down!
(spoken) Well? Are you coming?

GLINDA
I hope you're happy
Now that you're choosing this

ELPHABA
(spoken) You too
(sung) I hope it brings you bliss

BOTH
I really hope you get it
And you don't live to regret it
I hope you're happy in the end
I hope you're happy, my friend:

ELPHABASo if you care to find me
Look to the western sky!
As someone told me lately:
"Ev'ryone deserves the chance to fly!"
And if I'm flying solo
At least I'm flying free
To those who'd ground me
Take a message back from me
Tell them how I am
Defying gravity
I'm flying high
Defying gravity
And soon I'll match them in renown

Hope those wonderful words inspire you and look forward to hearing your inspirational shots in the arm, blog posts, quotes, song lyrics, whatever.

If I inspire you even a little bit, I would love a nomination if you visit the website below. Pretty please!

MAD Blog Awards 2011

5 comments:

  1. just what i was looking for on this driech wednesday - a little dose of inspiration for the soul! i haven't really gone public with my blog up until now but feel inspired to do so today. And at the heart and soul of my inspiration is this quote...

    "Tell me, what are you going to do with your one wild and precious life?" Mary Oliver

    Thank you for inspiring me today to jump from my comfort zone out into the bigger world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much and please feel free to link up your blog as well and get some more people involved with it.
    I love that quotation - a new one for me thus proving the whole point of this linky up, sharing good things with good people

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey mumsarcade - i've tried your linky thing twice now and it's not showing my link... just thought that i'd let you know :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. If anyone has problems linking up, leave me a comment with the link and I will add your link to the linky list myself

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful post! I love the quote by Susan Jeffers and Defying Gravity is a great song.

    I appreciate the depth and heart of what you’ve written here. You obviously have given this subject a lot of thought and it’s great that you’re sharing your knowledge with others. You’re truly making a difference in the world, one post at a time. Keep doing what you’re doing!

    To your magnificence!

    ReplyDelete