Blue Dragon Thai Green Chicken Curry
An authentic recipe, using traditional Thai ingredients for a food experience straight out of a Bangkok street market.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
3 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp coriander seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds
2 tsp Blue Dragon Premium Green Curry Paste
2 400ml cans Blue Dragon Coconut Milk
4 shallots, finely chopped
4 chicken breasts, cut into thin slices
2 kaffir lime leaves
6 baby aubergines, quartered
24 pea aubergines
1 tbsp Blue Dragon Thai Fish Sauce
A handful of Thai basil
1 tbsp sugar
1 red chilli, finely sliced
1 carton Blue Dragon Coconut Cream
What to do:
1. Heat spices in a dry frying pan until a light, even brown colour.
2. Remove spices from the saucepan and in a mortar pound until finely powdered
3. In a saucepan, heat the oil until hot.
4. Add the Blue Dragon Green Curry Paste and spices and stir fry for about 30 seconds- 1 minute until it develops an aroma.
5. Lower the heat and add the coconut milk a little at a time. Allow it to simmer for about 1 minute.
6. Add the chicken, shallots, shredded kaffir lime leaves and both types of aubergine and simmer for 2 mins.
7. Add Blue Dragon Fish sauce and sugar to taste and continue to simmer until the chicken is tender and the aubergines are cooked
8. Serve with Jasmine rice.
It is important to fry the paste in oil first to release the aromas of the aromatic herbs and spices.
If you cant find Thai aubergines, use mange tout, baby sweet corn and frozen peas instead- add to the curry at the same time as the chicken.
Blue Dragon Sweet Chilli Vinaigrette
Spice up an ordinary salad with this punchy dressing
Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 0
1 tbsp Blue Dragon Sweet Chilli Dipping sauce with kaffir lime
1.5 tbsp malt vinegar
½ tsp lemon juice
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp shallots, finely chopped
Pinch black pepper
What to do:
To make the Blue Dragon Sweet Chilli Vinaigrette, combine all the ingredients except the black pepper. Lightly toss salad leaves of your choice with the dressing, sprinkle with black pepper and serve.
You can make the salad more substantial by adding grilled chicken, prawns or fish.