Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Friday 8 July 2011

Reasons to be Cheerful - Week 27

Here are some of my reasons to be cheerful this week.

Reasons to be Cheerful at Mummy from the Heart


1. I am making real progress in decluttering the house. Four big sacks of stuff has gone off to the charity shop today. There is lots more to do but I can now see the benefits particularly when it comes to tidying up the children's rooms. I have spent months thinking it would be the ultimate in child cruelty to get rid of their toys and in reality, they are not bothered at all.

2. I had an unexpected windfall when I sold some jewellery that I did not wear. I was expecting very little to be honest so it was really nice to get hundreds of pounds.

3. The land is showing signs of progress too. We have a new machine to help clear nettles. Also the experienced farmer next door keeps popping over without us knowing and clearing loads of stuff for us. To be honest, we do need the help and I feel better if the land is kept in a reasonable state.

4. I am feeling better health-wise after 2 weeks of feeling dreadful.

5. I managed an adequate mummy moment yesterday when I baked for a school event. Pink cupcakes with letters on the top in icing to match the names of the children in the class.

6. Two of my kittens went to a lovely elderly couple this week and you could just tell that they will be very much loved. Two left but one is promised to someone and I could be persuaded to keep the lovely black and white one.

7. Finally, I let my son have the day off school on sports day. He hates it and it is just not worth him going through all that mental torment. I feel cheerful that I saved him the horror he went through last year. To read about that, please visit my Sadism of Sports Day post here http://gigglingatitall.blogspot.com/2010/07/sadism-of-sports-day.html

Pop over to the lovely Mummy from the Heart blog for more very cheerful things.

No comments:

Post a Comment