Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Tuesday 17 May 2011

Launch of new website for mums

I started this blog when my mum advised me to keep a diary. The rest as they say is history which regular followers and visitors will know about all too well.

I wish I had known about blogging several years ago when I had two children under 2 plus a 5 year old and was really struggling. Not really coping with the demands of parenting, wondering where "the real me" had disappeared to and just finding most days way too much for me to handle. Post-natal depression was part of this but also a lack of enough support networks. I had a partner who commuted long distances and was tired when he got in from work. I had troubles with wider family members and no friends in a strange city.

So now I have learned that blogging can change the world, I have established a new website with the aim of celebrating mums. Not just on Mother's Day but all year round. We do a great job and if the world doesn't put us down, you can bet other mums or ourselves can do it all too well. That whole thing needs tackling so that mums know they are vital and can tap into useful networks and information.

Yes, there are already fabulous things out there such as Netmums but I asked to contribute to that site and they did not want me. So I am going to have a go at doing my own thing. I hope readers of this blog will visit the new one at http://celebratingmums.wordpress.com and give me their thoughts and feelings via comments or via email to katypaul@live.co.uk

If you are a blogger whether new or old, I would really love to welcome guest posts about the reality of motherhood, the good stuff and the bad. Me being me would particularly like to help the newbies or those who don't have many or any followers. Perhaps you would like me to mention any blog hops you organise or to mention your competitions. Just let me know.

If you are a mum with a product or service you would like to promote, please get in touch too.

If you are a mum with a story to tell, a campaign to shout about or a good cause that matters to you, I will do my utmost to get your message across via the new website.

This is my little way of trying to make the world of mums a slightly better place and I know there are some lovely people out there who can tell me how to do it best.

Go on and make my day by visiting http://celebratingmums.wordpress.com and then let me know what you think and/or how we can work together for a better time for mums.

No comments:

Post a Comment