Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Wednesday 4 May 2011

The Gallery - April

The theme for the Gallery this week is April.

Should I post my picture of Union Jack bunting at the street-party we attended on Royal Wedding Day? Perhaps the Easter cards and gifts from my children? Or the cross that my daughter made out of her palm - I used to love doing that outside church for everyone on Palm Sunday. April was dominated by people coming to see out labrador puppies, visiting them again and then coming to take them to their forever homes. I have some very cute puppy pictures.

I settled on this picture. In April, all the talk was about a very special princess and here is mine.


My daughter was born on Good Friday seven years ago. She was due on April Fool's Day but hung around until she got her first sniff of an Easter Egg and popped out on 9th April. She can never understand why her birthday is not always on Good Friday. Meanwhile, her older brother always tells her she was solely responsible for Jesus' death on the cross. She takes no notice of him and remains very motivated by chocolate and all things foodie.

She is not pretty in a standard type way. She has wild and wavy hair like me and lovely eyes like jewels in a colour I have never seen before. She is very slender too.

She gets very excited and flaps her arms like a bird. She giggles a lot and can also throw an impressive temper tantrum.

She is still very much a little girl and loves all things pink, ponies and butterflies. She is very talented in arts and crafts and very prolific in that department too. If she has a spare moment, she uses it to draw or to make something. She also loves baking with Mummy,

She is very loving and cuddles up all the time. She writes things that we find from time to time. This might be a lovely prayer like the one in last week's Gallery post below or a statement that "All boys are shit except Grandad!"

She is good at everything she attempts but is not a show-off at all. Her teachers describe her as "delightful" and she helps them a lot by always obeying the rules. Of course, she sometimes lets me in on the secret that she has found a cunning way round the rules.

I like this picture taken at her birthday party because she looks so genuinely happy. Long may that continue and in this picture, I think you get a real sense of what she will look like in another ten years' time.

I love her very much.

So for me, April is all about my little girl and all the joy she brings me every single day.

23 comments:

  1. She looks and sounds just perfect and by perfect I mean temper tantrums included. But why oh why must brothers say such horrid things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pink is definitely the colour of April - blossoms and little blossoms like your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this post... your love for your daughter and the joy she brings you oozes from your every word... enjoy her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely post. She looks adorable

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is adorable, a cute monkey-business face for me. I love you ahve dedicated April to her and I loved reading your post, as for boys she seems already to know how to handle them - just ignore them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. a post to make her proud!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely and such a cute frock :)
    I answered your question by the way ;)
    http://positivecomplaining.blogspot.com/2011/05/gallery-april.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah Lovely, I too was born on Good Friday and have only had one birthday on Good Friday again since, the next time is 2057 wonder if Ill be around to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the big smile, she looks georgous

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the bit about how she "hung around until she sniffed the Easter Eaggs!" :) My kinda girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ah bless her!! Long may the innocence continue!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a lovely heartfelt post!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love her pink dress. Wonder if it comes in adult sizes?

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely post...one to show her when she is older. A true Princess! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a lovely post! I love her feelings on boys, hilarious! It sounds like you both have a very close and loving relationship which I am sure she will treasure as she grows older. A beautiful princess!

    ReplyDelete
  16. She sounds like a treasure! And I love that she thinks "all boys are shit except Grandad" - a girl after my own heart...

    ReplyDelete
  17. She looks lovely. Had to laugh at her brother's comment!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a wonderful post and a great way of showing your love for your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your daughter is amazing; you are clearly SO proud and I love that you are sharing that from the rooftops; thanks for a wonderful post :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh sniff this is lovely. She's absolutely gorgeous...x

    ReplyDelete
  21. She looks gorgeous in the pic.... pretty in pink! It's great to hear your love shining through. F

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous post and a gorgeous little princess :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely photo - your littler princess is beautiful :)
    My little boy was due good Friday - but held out for 2 weeks (arg!) and popped on the 20th April :) Hooray April babies!

    ReplyDelete