Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Friday 12 August 2011

Reasons To Be Cheerful

Here are my Reasons to be Cheerful this week.

1. I think this is the most important one of all. Today, my children ran off to join their Dad in the park and as I strolled down the path towards them, I suddenly realised that I am a Mum and just how wonderful that is. Usually in the mix of juggling it all, I enjoy motherhood but don't really stop to reflect on just how amazing it is to have given birth, coped with all those milestones so far and being told every day that I am loved and to tell them that too. Advice to all Mums - stop, breathe and recognise just how blessed you are.

2. I am pleased that I have followed my heart and not rehomed my dog today.

3. I have found a lovely home for the last kitten.

4. I am pleased that I am informed enough with real facts to be able to analyse the current crisis regarding public disorder in the UK. I will be blogging my views shortly.

5. I am happy that my Dad can take all his multiple health threats in his stride and carry on smiling. He is a true inspiration. I am also grateful to him for appreciating all that I do, maybe haphazardly or inadequately, but with good intent.
He is always telling me to make time for me, do less housework etc.

6. I am pleased that after a week of ill health I feel much better. I am also delighted that the pain has given me the impetus to give up on booze and start eating healthily. I doubt I will be teetotal but it feels great to say "No thanks" when drink is offered to me.

Loads more I feel but that will do nicely for now.

Thanks again to all the lovelies who have supported me particularly through all the hassle with my so-called brother. I have things in much better perspective now and am determined to live my life my way. As one of the 7 dwarves says on that documentary, if you don't like it, jog on.

See you next week if not before.

Now check out some very lovely people blog hopping cheerily over at http://mdplife.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment