Joining in with the Reasons to be Cheerful blog as usual and in a better place emotionally than last week.
1. The first reason to be cheerful is all the comments and support I received when people read last week's post. I felt less alone and also loved by people that matter to me and liked by those I admire. So a huge thank you to all concerned.
2. I had help with the children. This is unusual really and sometimes I tire of always being the one to referee, waitress and entertain. That might make me a woefully inadequate mummy or maybe just a very real one.
3. I went out to an after-school cookery class with my little girl. It looked like it would be impossible too so it was an even bigger reason for smiles. When I arrived, she ran towards me and gave me the biggest cuddle. There was I worrying about how sweaty, fat and ugly I was and she put it all right in an instant. For her, I am the best Mummy in the world. The other mums were nice too and one of them lives in my village so who knows? I could have a friend at some point. Wouldn't that be lovely? We made American Muffins and brought our efforts home to share with the family. I have 4 more weeks to go and I am so looking foward to it. Him Indoors has said he will come home early from work to look after the boys so that I can go.
4. I have received an application form for voluntary work in a charity shop. References might be an issue after I was unfairly dismissed from my last post but there must be a way round it. Answers in a comment please.
5. I have received a form to fill in to get a provisional driving licence. My excuses for not learning to drive are running out and it is all down to me.
6. I have an invitation to do a course in September so have reserved a place on that too. A comment someone left last week about me over-thinking things hit a nerve so I am trying to do more rather than just brooding on things.
7. I have 4 little kittens to play with until they go to their new homes. They are 6 weeks old so at a very cute phase. The children want to keep one but inevitably cannot agree on which one.
8. I have picked up various bargains to shout from the rooftops on Magpie Monday, the blog hop hosted by the Me and My Shadow blog.
9. The barn is cleared of a lot of my brother's junk (sorry - belongings) so I feel more in control of that too.
10. I got up at 20 past five this morning. This will strike you as a strange reason to be cheerful. I got up because the dog was barking but then sat and reflected quietly on things for a couple of hours. For some reason, I feel very sane today. Maybe I should get up at 20 past five every morning? Watching the sun rise and seeing a new day begin was restorative to my soul.
That will do me for this week methinks.
Have a great week, focus on the positive and check out some fab reasons for cheerfulness over at the Mummy from the Heart blog.