Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Wednesday 29 June 2011

The Gallery - My Weekend - Are they ready yet?


I love this photograph taken whilst baking with my children this weekend. They do say that anticipation is a pleasure all of its own. I also like how the back of the oven is acting as a mirror. Plus with me as a blogger, there had to be a day when I posted something half-baked lol.

I don't think I have ever seen my boisterous boy so still and with one focus before.

Apologies for the stain on the work surface but it was impossible to wipe up in the midst of a mega baking session as these little ovens get very hot indeed.

Of course, it is not all about the looking forward to eating buns.


And finally, if you are into baking or wanting to get into it, check out the Celebrating Mums Carnival on Baking over at http://celebratingmums.wordpress.com

9 comments:

  1. Great pictures. My 2 are like that when I'm baking. Good job the oven is double glass or they'd have hot hands and noses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow I missed out on those opportunities for baking when my son was small. He is a great cook now so he must have picked it up from somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not a cook, so my daughter misses out a little (though she cooks with her Dad occasionally). Mmm, maybe I should get the cake cook book out again this weekend and give it another try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really struggle to get my son to join in with baking, loved the photos and it's heart warming to know someone else manages it. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love to cook here as well, Little Man is really getting into helping to cook tea, so at 7 we have progressed from baking. Cakes are my thing, baking and decorating them, just wish I had more time. I love celebratingmums blog as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh some more yummy baking...this is making me hungry now. We love cooking in this house too! Lots of cakes and scones!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Smellovision is needed!! But by the look on his face they smell YUM :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a nifty little cooker! It would be worth investing in one if it mesmerises the 3 Little Uncles as it does your boy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww, yummy cupcakes, we love baking these too ;) @Kahanka

    ReplyDelete