I joined Twitter, the social networking site, in January 2009. Here is a list of some of the benefits to me so far
1. Reduced my feelings of isolation
2. Built my self-confidence
3. Made me even more interested in the world beyond my four walls
4. Let to leads for jobs and freelance work
5. Given an insight into the lives of celebrities and the wonderful world of the "ordinary"
6. Encouraged me to write my first book
7. Taught me how to make the most of myself style wise and to sometimes wear my knickers over my tights lol
8. Given me an outlet for sober and drunken ramblings
9. Helped me find people who are on or have experienced similar journeys - coping with cancer diagnosis, post-natal depression, adoption, step-parenting and parenting
10. Challenged my thinking
Some people try to set rules for Twitter. I have had criticisms for ..
1. Being too deep thinking
2. Asking questions
but I have also had positive comments for doing these things.
Make of Twitter what you will would be my guideline
What do you think, dear readers