Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Monday 9 August 2010

Things I wish I could change about me.

1. I am often at the mercy of my moods
2. I take things to heart and find criticism too devestating
3. I have allowed far to much weight to pile on
4. I would like to drink for fun again rather than to relieve jangled nerve endings
5. I wish I knew who to trust and how much
6. I wish I had known at 18 what I know now
7. I wish I was interesting and had charisma,the type of person you would want to talk to at a party
8. When employed, I wish I could work out the work-life balance thing
9. I wish I was a lot less tired and more healthy
10. I wish I could drive but don't want to take lessons - I just want to be able to do it. I am a bit like that with most things really
11. I wish I could be a good housekeeper

Things I have learned to live with over the years

1. The fact that I have low moods but great highs too
2. My round bottom
3. My mad curls
4. The fact that some of my friends can't or won't give me what I want/need from them
5. My total lack of interest in make-up, bras and handbags
6 The fact that things that I write off as boring can be interesting if someone explains them properly
7. The fact that Mum would never change and probably I may be destined not to either
8. The fact that some people will leave for whatever reason
9. The fact that my birth mum does not want to be in touch with me
10.The fact that not everyone thinks Absolute Eighties is heaven on earth.

So what would you change about you if you had a magic wand and what have you learned to live with?

5 comments:

  1. Great post, I will have to put some though in to this and do a post about it

    ReplyDelete
  2. No.6 on learn to live with is very wise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good post, I would have to think about it too, though i definitely relate to a lot of yours.
    But I like bras and handbags ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could change: my perfectionism holding me back from getting things done and being who I want to be.

    I've learned to live with: if I want something to happen or for me to be a certain way, I have to take responsibility for myself.

    Great post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish I had more self belief/confidence.
    Wish I didn't worry so much.
    Wish I didn't care what others think.
    Wish things could have been different with my parents.

    I am who I am, take me or leave me.
    My childhood has made me the person I am.
    Having no parents to rely on.
    My thunder thighs!
    Fiercely independent.

    Great post, made me think! x

    ReplyDelete